SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help:forget my wordpress password

i setup wordpress in local server and i forget my password

plz i need help to retrive password to access the admin panel

the only solution i have the radical one is to uninstall my wordpress locally and install another one

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    AFAIK, the passwords are stored in the $wpdb->user table's 'user_pass' field after being encrypted using md5.
    I know of no way to decrypt it. So if you can't guess what it is you could try "Lost your password" to get a new password, if your server will send an email to you. Other than that, I think you may need to re-install. Hopefully you have a recent back-up. If not, maybe you can rename/copy the existing one and import it into the new one.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK, the passwords are stored in the $wpdb->user table's 'user_pass' field after being encrypted using md5.
    I know of no way to decrypt it. So if you can't guess what it is you could try "Lost your password" to get a new password, if your server will send an email to you. Other than that
    sure this the first thing i think go to PHPmy admin Hopefully get the password but i get stuck with the encryption
    I think you may need to re-install.
    already done
    maybe you can rename/copy the existing one and import it into the new one.
    u mean that copying the posts then import them

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I meant that instead of risking the installation deleting or over-writing the existing database, you could try renaming or copying it, then after you can log in, change the database details in the config file to use it. I don't know if it would work, but if you don't have a recent backup of the database it would be worth a try. Although I expect that using phpMyAdmin to create an export file and then importing most of that (the $wpdb_user table would still have the old password) would be preferred. I guess if you copy/pasted in the new password from the new database into the old databases .sql file you could safely import the whole thing.