SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not programmer (some htmL) and I have read the whole tutorial. Now i think i can do what its objective is.

But i need help to get my first php script to work on my windows98 OS.

Please explain how the web server, php and myslq is interacting with each other ( well i know how it should) But i don't think i have the physical configuration down yet!

I am using the sambar server. I assume i have to put today.php on there. Can someone explain how. Thanks

[This message has been edited by syntax_error (edited July 20, 2000).]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Please explain how the web server, php and myslq is interacting with each other ( well i know how it should) But i don't think i have the physical configuration down yet!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've answered this in another forum thread. Let me know if you still don't understand, and I'll explain in more detail.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>I am using the sambar server. I assume i have to put today.php on there. Can someone explain how.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once Sambar is installed, it expects Web pages to be placed in the docs subdirectory of the Sambar installation directory. So just copy today.php into that directory, then load http://localhost/today.php into your Web browser.

------------------
    -Kevin Yank.
    http://www.SitePoint.com/
    Helping Small Business Grow Online!

[This message has been edited by kyank (edited July 20, 2000).]

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your patience Kevin

Sometimes you can get lost in all the threads when looking to see if your questions have already been answered.

I will keep working at the tutorial!

------------------
    Bradley's Bromide:
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee -- that will do them in."