SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to install mysql and I have a problem with PHP 4.20

Actually, I bought a book which is PHP 4.06,but I installed PHP4.20.Therefore, it is different from 4.06.Please tell me the big diffrence bet them ok

I will learn mysql but I don't know how to install. I mean that I know the website to download but After install, Should I change some path or root password and so on. Please tell me how to make password,how to start and how to do Database. Moreover, Can I dwonload old version which is 3.23.42 is not latest version. However I installed php 4.20.Is it no problem with codeing. Please help me. I try to do it. Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I suggest you read the sample chapters of Kevin Yank's book using this link,http://webmasterbase.com/article/228. That should get you off to a good start.

Unfortunately the book was published way before PHP 4.20 was released. What I suggest is you continue to learn with 4.20, and when you encounter a problem come to the forums for help.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to consider downloading a preset webserver package, like PHPDev. It will allow you to install a webserver, without going throught the hassle of installing and configuring everything yourself.