User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meta Keywords on Each Page?

Hello all!

Just wondering when I am performing keyword optimization, if I need to use keyword meta tags in "each page" relative to those words. For example, I use keyword meta tags on the index page, but if I have a second page relating to the same keywords, am I only concered about the initial page finding those keywords, or should I place on all of the "relating" pages?

Also should I place keyword meta tags on all pages, even though the additional pages do not relate to the index page? For example: Cars on the main page, car parts on the second page, and motorcycles on another page. The cars and car parts may have relating keywords, however the motorcycles are completely different keywords. Or should all of my keywords for all three be placed on the main page?

I have read a number of opinions on this topic. It seems like there is no real consistant advise as some say google doesnt use keyword meta tags, yahoo does, so im just a bit confused. Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks

Tec

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Options are:

1. don't bother with keywords - although some say that they are still useful, although how useful is an unknown.
    2. use relevant keywords to a page - do not just repeat the same meta info across the site because it is easier to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
    Hello all!

Just wondering when I am performing keyword optimization, if I need to use keyword meta tags in "each page" relative to those words. For example, I use keyword meta tags on the index page, but if I have a second page relating to the same keywords, am I only concered about the initial page finding those keywords, or should I place on all of the "relating" pages?

Also should I place keyword meta tags on all pages, even though the additional pages do not relate to the index page? For example: Cars on the main page, car parts on the second page, and motorcycles on another page. The cars and car parts may have relating keywords, however the motorcycles are completely different keywords. Or should all of my keywords for all three be placed on the main page?

I have read a number of opinions on this topic. It seems like there is no real consistant advise as some say google doesnt use keyword meta tags, yahoo does, so im just a bit confused. Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks

Tec
    Optimizing each web page includes creating meta tags and you have to concentrate on creating meta title and meta description.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The keywords can be difference on each pages that is one of great SEO strategies for the new sites. New site should start SEO-Phase I on niche targeted keywords that low-medium search volume with low competitors. If u'd like to use same keywords on related page, it's ok coz the most significant is how good content your page is? and are your keywords related to your content? If it related to content so it's don't matter to use same keywords on each page. however u maybe loose some chances to target another related keywords only.

The most important SEO thing is the MetaTitle tag & Meta description.
    All 4 things should be relevant are Meta Title, Meta keywords, Meta description and content. eg.

Meta Title Tag = Targeted keyword1 - blah blah Targeted keyword2 blah blah Targeted keyword3 (should be 60 characters (google) to 80 characters (yahoo)

Mata keywords= Targeted keyword1, Targeted keyword2, Targeted keyword3, other keywords that are in the content, ... (250 characters)

Description=Targeted keyword1 - blah blah Targeted keyword2 blah ... Targeted keyword3 blah .... (250 characters that related to content)

Content =

<h1>Targeted keyword1</h1>
    blah blah
    <h2>Targeted keyword2</h2>
    blah blah Targeted keyword2
    <h3>Targeted keyword3</h3>
    blah blah Targeted keyword3

Note: be careful about how many same keywords on your page; just 3-4 times it's ok if more maybe your page will be remove from google ranking.

I hope it will be useful for u..
    One2Crowd - Magento, SilverStripe and PHP development

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbey View Post
    don't bother with keywords - although some say that they are still useful, although how useful is an unknown.
    I''ve heard this a great deal. I am anything but a SEO expert, but the way I understand it, Google relies very little on META keywords, Yahoo still does to an extent, and who cares what the other search engines do? (Okay, that's very, very simplistic.) A great many sites designed by knowledgeable designers for themselves do not have META keywords, from what I've observed. So, someone with deeper knowledge than me: can we dump the keywords entirely? Do a few judiciously selected keywords (as opposed to the hated keyword stuffing) help your page get search engine prominence?

SitePoint Addict Divisive Cotton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt keywords count for much anymore although I have some personal experience in that they maybe count for something in Live and Yahoo - as in, a page getting top result for no other reason than what was in the keyword meta tag.

If you do use them keep them reasonably short and don't keyword stuff the data.
    Let everyday be Christmas

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Use the meta keywords if you are going to set up your own in site search facility that uses that as part of its info for doing the search. If you are not going to use that tag yourself then just leave it out because the search engines ignore it.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

I would suggest you to have a title, description and keywords for every page of the site. Such SEO practices gives long lasting results.

All the best............