SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

error on starting apache with php

I have php 4.2.0, mysql 3.23.4 and apache 2.0.35 installed on win 98. After using the today.php example in the book, "build your own database driven website using php & mysql" I'm getting this error when I start apache from the command prompt:

"Cannot load ..../php4apache.dll into server: one of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found."

I've made sure all of the required install files are in place. Am I missing some other file?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compatibility
    The Apache Software Foundation recently released their first General Availability version of Apache 2. PHP 4.2.0 will have EXPERIMENTAL support for this version. You can build a DSO module for Apache 2 with --with-apxs2. We do not recommend that you use this in a production environment.
    I'm staying away from this atm, I'm not upgrading to 4.2 and apache 2 just yet.

I got this quote from:http://www.php.net/release_4_2_0.php

Making a better wheel silver trophy DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm not using Apache 2 yet either.

rshpeley, the problem is that sapi/php4apache.dll doesn't work with Apache 2. you need to use the file experimental/apache2filter.dll in your LoadModule directive.
    - Matt ** Ignore old signature for now... **
    Dr.BB - Highly optimized to be 2-3x faster than the "Big 3."
    "Do not enclose numeric values in quotes -- that is very non-standard and will only work on MySQL." - MattR