SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Software for finding dropping/dropped domains?

Is there a program that allows me to search for dropping/dropped domains by traffic, page rank, or search engine keyword popularity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use pool.com to search for dropped domains. It doesn't show pagerank, traffic, or keyword popularity though.

A few things:
    1) Pagerank is set to 0 shortly after a domain is dropped.
    2) There is not a definitive way to determine traffic. Tools like Alexa are best guesses are are typically very wrong.
    Color Yourself Pink at Pink Boutique!
    I have a love of pink and my site sells pink accessories.
    We have cute pink purses, pink jewelry, pink watches,
    and some pretty cool pink stuff.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for a program that will automatically sort a large list of domain names such as the downloadable list of expiring domain names here - http://pool.com/addBackorders.aspx by traffic, page rank, or keyword popularity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonec3 View Post
    Is there a program that allows me to search for dropping/dropped domains by traffic, page rank, or search engine keyword popularity?
    I suppose that is not a trouble to do that but that would need mega sources to operate the script

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not heard of anything on the open market that exists. There are scripts out there I'm sure, that's custom written for serious domainers and domain companies. And because of this, most owners of such scripts/sw would be highly hesitant at selling it in an open market.

Let's face it, this industry is a great one, but there are some (or many) who would rather keep their secret expensive tools to themselves. This would be one such tool. Not condoning it, but it makes sense from a selfish standpoint.

Anyways, these days, it seems more common for domain registrars to keep the higher traffic domains that expire for themselves. (Just do a search for what's been going on with Tucows and GoDaddy lately.)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just found a cool cheat code site that has tons of cheats, tips, and tricks across all the major platforms and for every level of gamer. Check out, cheatfreak.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think pool.com is prob the best you'll get to date. This is what we use for dropped domains.