User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unauthenticated Users

Hi,

I am having problem on my master database server. I am getting 5-10 connections from "Unauthenticated User" and State is "Reading from Net". I observed that whenever i recieves those connections the queue is stuk (mysql>show processlist
    and it's growing and most of the threads are idle other valid user queries are in Sleep state.

However i am already using skip-name-resolve. And for unauthenticated users the Host name is valid i.e. my webserver ip address. Can an one help me out and highlight the issue. what the problem is ?

+-----+----------------------+--------------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
    | Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info |
    +-----+----------------------+--------------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
    | 235 | unauthenticated user | WebServerIP:53216 | NULL | Connect | NULL | Reading from net | NULL |
    | 236 | unauthenticated user | WebServerIP:51721 | NULL | Connect | NULL | Reading from net | NULL |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Regards,
    Muhammad Irfan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's because of the hostname lookups. If you turn the hostname lookups off those unauthenticated users should go away.

So in your my.cnf

Code:
    [mysqld]
    skip-name-resolve