SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Books or E-Books you would suggest?

I'm not sure if this is the category to post under, but I can't think of anywhere else, and I would think this would go under "starting your site?", if not, Mods, feel free to move it, and I apologize in advance.

I was given most of my presents for Christmas recently, as I will be out of the country visiting other family over seas, and a lot of the gifts I got were gift certificates to book stores, so I'm going to try to brush up on a few things I'm not that great or familiar with.

The list of subjects I am interested in are as follow:

Ruby on Rails (Haven't even looked into learning this on the web, as its hard for me to get into e-books, unless I'm on a trip)
    PHP
    jQuery * (Or any AJAX framework you would suggest, however jQuery has a sIFR plugin I might use, so its best to get use to that I think)
    CSS (Basically just books to read, though I own many of the main stream books)
    SEO (Prefer something that just suggest best practices)

However, any subject works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far SEO I know Sitepoint's SEM Kit is very good - I read it through back when it came out and a lot of people have had good things to say about it.
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was one of the ones I was thinking of, as its one of the ones I don't own from Sitepoint.

Anyone have any others?