SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Principles of Successful Freelancing

Notice: This is a discussion thread for comments about the SitePoint article, The Principles of Successful Freelancing.

Great tips Miles — I wish I'd had this advice several years ago when I was freelancing. Perhaps I might have been more successful! Ah well, working for SitePoint aint so bad... :-)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All shiny and in full color too! How did you talk Luke and Shayne into going with the full color print, Miles ?!? Are there some compromising photos around that I don't know about?

Looks great though. Nice work.
    Alex Walker
    SitePoint Developer
    SitePoint - Learnable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great article Miles and a create example of how good the rest of your book is.

Everyone currently freelancing or thinking about is can certainly learn a thing or two from you.

I know so many people I know want to get out and freelance but don't have the confidence to bite the bullet and go for it. I'll be certainly steering a few people to this article.
    Shayne Tilley

My slightly left of center thoughts on
    marketing, business and life in general.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexW View Post
    All shiny and in full color too! How did you talk Luke and Shayne into going with the full color print, Miles ?!? Are there some compromising photos around that I don't know about?

Looks great though. Nice work.
    Lol -- we just couldn't do all the shiny diagrams justice with shades of Grey!
    Shayne Tilley

My slightly left of center thoughts on
    marketing, business and life in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the level headed approach. I was all set to jump into freelancing, when this job at SitePoint came up and I took it instead. I was very disorganized and If had dived into freelancing as I had intended I think I may have sunk.

I think your book might save a few freelancers from the same fate!

SitePoint Enthusiast RachWilson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Santa,

For Christmas I'd like only 2 things... A time machine and this book!!! I agree with Mattymcg, if I had this book a few years ago it would have made the world of difference!

That said, it's going to end up in a few stockings this year... to my wonderful friends who are out there going for it; this book is a great resource to make sure you are starting out in your new businesses the best possible way (or to fill in the gaps if you've already started).

You gotta love it when everything you need is in one handy book, easy to read and simple to follow!

Miles, you're a legend!

PS: Santa - I promise I've been a very good girl this year!!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your kind words, makes me very happy to see so many great reviews. Hope to hear from other readers here too!

Regards,

Miles.

charlotte web design
    SitePoint Community Guest
    freelancing is good but there are negatives such as unstable income but if one does it for a side hobby, it is a great idea to get extra income