User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Free Online Site Builder

Hi guys,

I have a couple of domains and want to develop them into minisites to increase their value.

I've heard so much about wordpress but setting up and running wordpress in linux is a bit of effort (in fact, most of things in linux is a bit of effort compare to windows environment)

Therefore, I'm looking for an free easy online site builder which requires minimal learning curve.

I look around and find some candidates: webnode, synthasite, tumblr, doctopus, officialsitebuilder

tumblr currently can't have comment section so I think it's out. But how about the rest?

What are pros and cons of each one? What do u think best suitable for a domainer not wanting to get hands too dirty?

Sharing you website using an online site builder is appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you already have a host? Setting up Wordpress isn't difficult to learn -- and with many hosts you can set it up automatically with one-click installs.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you building your sites solely for SEO purposes to increase the value of your domains? If so, I can give you many recommendations. Send me a message if you like.
    Download Software - Your place to Download Software
    PPC Management - Premium SEM, PPC Management Service
    Web Design - Award Winning Website Design

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first choice will be Drupal. Really powerful, but not really easy to use at first sight.
    Wordpress is good too, it has limitations but it is really easy to use. And it has a lot of templates, plug-ins ... If you want to be fast, it's a good choice.

SitePoint Member beinprofitmode's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a real simple website builder called Weebly. It's very basic but I've used it to some success and it gets the job done.

It's very straight forward. There are a number of different templates, and options to add (text boxes, pictures, titles, etc.) I really haven't tried out any other website builder. It would be nice to hear some other opinions on the other sites.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of our customers use the Fantastico program in cPanel to auto-install wordpress on our linux servers and haven't had any problems. So don't give up on wordpress so soon if just because your on a linux environment.
    FileFreaks.com Web Hosting
    Freak (n.): Someone so devoted it resembles an addiction.