SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello folks. This has probably been beaten to death in past posts, but I couldnt find it anywhere, so here goes. I followed the tutorial to set up PHP/mySQL step by step, and my computer still doesnt seem to know what a php file is...I tried the date example (the date according to this server is...) and it didnt display anything...not even an error message. (aside from the HTML portion "the date according to this server is...") the PHP code itself did nothing...someone help!

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hhmmm, have you been trying this with Windows or Linux? If it's Windows you have exactly the same problem as me! What a coincidence!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Web servers are you guys using? If you've been trying to get PHP working on Microsoft PWS, I'd really recommend trying Sambar Server instead. Complete instructions for installing Sambar and PHP are provided in an earlier forum post of mine here:

Installing PHP 4.0 on Sambar Server

------------------
    -Kevin Yank.
    http://www.SitePoint.com/
    Helping Small Business Grow Online!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kevin. I finally got tired of messing around with Apache, and tried OmniHTTPd Pro. Just installed it, and everything was already set up by default...php4.0 support, as well as Perl (I think) are already bundled and ready to go. Now I can bug you guys with actual PHP questions, and not this configuration stuff...
    thanks
    Luke

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finnaly got it all together on the PWS server So it is possible to install it on PWS. I also installed Sambar first but many times it would't let me access the admin anymore...I know it had something to do with empty cache of browsers, but even after that it screwed up. Well anyway I installed PWS again and finnaly it's working with ASP, PHP 4, Mysql etc. So I can do both on one server!
    EMB

------------------
    so never mind the darknes, we still can find the way. Cause nothin' last forever, even cold November rain.(Rose)