SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Questions about mock ups

hi folks, i have 2 questions for craeting mock-ups in photoshop. my first question is whats the dimension u shld keep while designing a mockup in photoshop and second question is when typing in photoshop for web the font appear broken the pixel r broken. what is ideal fonts for creating mockups in photoshop? thanks in advance

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep it at 100 % of the size you want it. if you want it to expand you need to have a part that replicates that will do so in browsers.

as for font change the anti alias to sharp, etc to make it look better. its on the top bar near the size in cs2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some other info that might be useful for you...

It used to be that you had to design sites at an 800px width to make them useable for people with 800x600 screen resolutions. But nobody has a screen resolution that small anymore, so it's pretty safe to design at 900-950px. I usually leave about 100px of space on either side as well (1100px total) so I can see how any repeating patterns look going across the page.

As far as fonts go, it's generally a good idea to stick with the standard fonts that web browsers support: Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, and sometimes Helvetica. That way you can just type text into your HTML, rather than having extra images you don't need. But if you do need a special font, then do what laptop13 said and make them sharp.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Ethayne on his comments. There is always a slight change in design when going from a static image to a HTML/CSS template. Using fonts in photoshop (arial, verdana, etc) help a client to understand what the final design will look like. You do not want them to love a font you are not using, because they will be disappointed when it cannot be used. I have also typed text into a dreamweaver Doc, previewed it, and taken a screen grab to put a snippit in my design. It is a pain in the butt, but some clients can be a pain.
    Download Software - Your place to Download Software
    PPC Management - Premium SEM, PPC Management Service
    Web Design - Award Winning Website Design