User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really do resolutions, but...

At the end of 2006 I decided that, instead of moaning about how my usual work was not very stimulating any more, I would make a website or two of my own. Which I did.
    Skip 2007 - because I move very slowly.

I know what I'll be concentrating on for 2009.
    I have discovered that looking after a site or two is a lot of work. In fact it's so much work that it feels like NOT FUN after a time.

So I'll be casting my mind about for a site/topic ideas that I can develop (or purchase) that are a genuine fit with my own real interests - then I'll enjoy all the writing, developing, maintaining etc.

I already live in New Zealand, so that will save some time - I won't need to move. And the wetas hardly ever come into my office lately.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My news years resolution was to not make any more new years resolutions. I did it, so this year I'll keep it up.

SitePoint Enthusiast Michael Larsson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to go on holiday and finish the updates to our website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by busy View Post
    I'm not going to choose a New Years resolution until about 5 minutes before 2009. I did that once before and decided never to smoke another cigarette for the rest of my life. (I decided this while smoking a cigarette)

It worked, and that was 3 years ago. I'll come back with this year's resolution on Jan 1 and tell you guys.
    So I've decided on my resolution. In 2009 I will pick the one task that I am most likely to procrastinate on, and do that one first, every day. On days I don't work I'm going to do at least one thing that I feel like putting off.

No matter how small these things are, I figure a year of them should have a pretty nice impact on my life.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how are those New Year resolutions going so far?

As for me, I still have not found a site/topic theme for 2009 that fills me with enthusiasm.

Also, contra what I said in an earlier post, last night a huge weta DID land on my keyboard, right next to my typing fingers.

Where did it come from? (I ask myself.) It just LANDED on my keyboard. For how long has it been roaming about freely in my office?

For now, as at the end of Jan 09, this whole New Year resolution thing is starting to fade away in comparison to the WETA problem.

Now who among you can honestly say that you will give full concentration to your work and your resolutions even despite the knowledge that GIGANTIC INSECTS might SPRING UPON YOU at any moment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

Quote Originally Posted by modules View Post
    Also, contra what I said in an earlier post, last night a huge weta DID land on my keyboard, right next to my typing fingers.

Where did it come from? (I ask myself.) It just LANDED on my keyboard. For how long has it been roaming about freely in my office?
    I had to look that up, we don't have them here, and I'm glad. Those things look nasty

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi busy,
    Thanks for replying. Hope your new year resolutions are going well. Your previous post about resolutions made me wonder: which do you think was easier to give up - smoking or procrastination?

About them wetas...
    The Weta is certainly a hideous, giant, pre-historic insect, but I still can't bring myself to hurt one.

Must be part of being a New Zealander - we're kinda proud of them and fond of them.

When they come into my room I feel I have to capture them gently and return them to an agreeable environment.

I keep telling myself 'it's just a kind of more-scary-and-large-grasshopper'.

I have realised I need to re-locate them someplace far away from our house - otherwise they'll just come right back inside the next time it looks like rain.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make resoltions each year and always break them pretty quickly. This year I decided to lose weight - reading this thread has just reminded me that I've had a slice of cake and some chocs already today!!!