SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist adesignrsa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An HTML/CSS template for rapid prototyping

I've been working on an HTML & CSS template that has the bare bones CSS and HTML to start rapid prototyping on pages of a site. It's called buggy.

It's 960px wide, accommodates a full 'row', a third, two thirds, quarters, three quarters and halves. All appropriately named as classes of 'fullrow', 'thirdblock', 'twothirdblock', 'quarterblock', 'threequarterblock' and 'halfblock'.

It uses Eric Meyer's browser reset and the css file has all the HTML elements available to style.

Taking inspiration from the 960 grid system, Khoi Vinh and and Mark Boulton's grids are good (PDF) and Blueprint CSS the intention is to have a ready made blank template for a grid based layout in a few minutes.

Future plans include jquery integration, possibly a Wordpress theme (ala Elliot Jay Stocks' Starkers Theme but with more layout code ready to use) and a Joomla theme. Realm Platform have expressed interest in a theme for their system.

Oh, and it's free to download, comment on and maybe even help me develop.
    Last edited by AutisticCuckoo; Nov 28, 2008 at 12:56. Reason: Self-promotional links removed
    Ross Allchorn
    Web Consultant
    www.allchorn.com
    Twitter - @allchornr

Unobtrusively zen silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    That sounds like it's been well throught out. How is the vertical rhythm. Do headings in one column throw off the paragraphs from lining up in other columns?
    Some good sites about it are found from http://www.clagnut.com/blog/1942/
    Programming Group Advisor
    Reference: JavaScript, Quirksmode Validate: HTML Validation, JSLint
    Car is to Carpet as Java is to JavaScript

SitePoint Evangelist adesignrsa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, I haven't. Thanks for the link, I've added it to the list of future enhancements to the template.

This baseline rythm calculator is especially handy.

Thanks pmw57... I mean Paul
    Ross Allchorn
    Web Consultant
    www.allchorn.com
    Twitter - @allchornr

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adesignrsa View Post
    Oh, and it's free to download, comment on and maybe even help me develop.
    Well, that's self-promotion, a review request and a job advertisement. Three guideline violations in a single sentence! I think you just set a record there.

I'm closing this thread. If you want a review, please post in the Website Reviews forum.

If you want to advertise your product, please do so in the Advertise Your Services section of the Marketplace.

If you want to hire someone to work for you, please do so in the Looking To Hire section of the Marketplace.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane