SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am volunteering my web design efforts for a local pet rescue website, and have scoured every script resource site I could find for this.

I would like to add a form to the pet adoption listings where a user could fill out a form and upload a picture and a desciption of the pet they would like to put up for adoption, and have it be automatically added to the top of the listings.

If anyone knows of the location of a script like this, or would like to volunteer a little time to write it, please let me know.

Thanks,
    jsegal@bellouth.net

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DBMan is a good script.. Too bad PERL isn't scalable and uses text files. You might look into a PHP or ASP solution, not only will they run faster but they can grow exponentially if you use the right database.

Check out www.php.net or www.aspin.com to see if a premade solution is available. I could probably right a script to do it in ASP in a day using MS-SQL or Access. If you want/need PHP, I can recommend you to a development partner of mine. I also know of free ASP hosts but haven't seen any free PHP hosts yet.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Forums Administrator
    Digital Magician Magazine - MetaQuark Creations (Coming Soon)
    sitepoint@digitalmagician.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

very interested in lost pets. but my comments would be marginally off topic. pls eMail. thanks
    edshuck@noevalley.com