User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which CMS to use please?

hello

i want to create a website that is easy to update from "admin".
    i need a wysiwyg editor and the ability to update images, add testimonials and so on..also seo-friendly urls would be nice..i don't want anything too complicated since the design is already done..thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress would work fine and is popular for simple sites (especially blogs), but I also like FrogCMS for simple sites.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also recommend wordpress. I am working on a site at the moment bostonWebDeveloper.com. When you pick themes try to find the ones that fit your need, otherwise you might have to change the codes to fit your need.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WP is my choice but as i read on their forums is kind of hard to transform it into a CMS...no blogging part.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanicos View Post
    WP is my choice but as i read on their forums is kind of hard to transform it into a CMS...no blogging part.
    Actually it's pretty easy. Unless you've got certain features you need in a CMS that wordpress cant handle, I find WP great for smaller client sites that users can manage themselves.

It's really as simple as installing WP, telling WP to use a STATIC page instead of a list of blog posts for your home page in the Admin area, then tweaking whatever template you're using to fine tune things to your liking. Sure the first time may take a few minutes, but once you've got a nice template tweaked to your liking, you can use that as a starting point for future sites.

Cheers,

Steve

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had similar troubles so we decided to launch our own custom CMS. Clients were so happy that we decided to digitally resell our idea.
    Last edited by Webinsane; Dec 3, 2008 at 08:51.
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 2.0 | Software for Real Estate Agencies

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drupal. It's clean, friendly and powerful. You should be able to find a WYSIWYG editor module on the Drupal website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zimplit cms is easy and free, you an use any html template you wish. You can edit page right on website, no special admin area, if you like, then you can test the demo or read manuals at zimplit homepage, Zimplit is also SEO friendly.