SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

christmas flights offers design Idea required

I need some new idea about eye catching banner for special offers for christmas flights....
    I can't understand what and how I use santa with flights....
    etc,etc....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe santa flying on a plane being pulled by reindeers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead Santa pulled by the reindeers change it Santa pulled by a plane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh that would be better.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be kind of hard to do, especially to where it actually looked good. Maybe you could have a plane flying to the North Pole, and you see Santa standing there. I dont know, this seems better than having him pulled by a plane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santa being pulled by a plane is easier and more appropriate than your idea rustyspoon. In my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried plain and santa but I have a small place for banner when I add all of them they becom rushy...

I have nade a one please check it...
    I am still not satisfied from it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks nice but very hard to read. Too much going on. You could easily fit a santa and plane cartoon in that much space. Just a really simple drawing cartoon.

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It doesn't work because it's too busy. There's no negative space to clear the eyes from. Simplify it greatly and you'll be better off.

Though this should probably be in Design Elements as a review, here's what I would do (take from it what you will). I'm going on the assumption that the right side of the image is more festive. If it's not, then use these instructions, but you'll have to reverse them and make some other color choices.
    1. Start with the background you have. Add a solid color portion on the left side that is the deep red color that is on the far right side and is about 1/2 the width, with a gradiant which fades into the image.
    2. On that left side, add the words Christmas Special in a complimentary shade that isn't white. One of the light colors on the left of the image would probably work. Make this text as large as it can while only taking about 2/3 of that space. You could outline the letters in black or grey, or perhaps add a SMALL drop shadow to give it more depth.
    3. On the right side, add Lagos and the cost in the same font. I would make them the same color, but you could make the cost a slightly different shade, but I'd stay in the same proximity. If you want to include the text "ex taxes", do it right below the cost in a MUCH smaller, italicized text
    4. That's IT! Stop there! Don't add any more to the image! You don't need the words "Offer" as it's obviously an offer. You don't need "Special" under Lagos because you're already used it for Christmas Special. You don't need "Deals Ending Soon" because as it's a Christmas Special, that implies it'll end at Christmas.
    Hope this gives you enough to work on. If not, either post back here or PM me and I'll try to give you more direction.
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy conradical's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay.. when you design anything, you have to look at it and take note of where your eyes go first. That is your point of entry. Then take note of where your eye travels after the point of entry.

In your banner, The point of entry is on the right "Christmas Special Offer". Because the stacking is an inverted pyramid (which is a good thing if your banner were vertical, but not in this case).. your eye travels down and then to the bottom left where you read the price and then you have to read from bottom to top on the left.

So.. you have to work on your layout. Instead of the stacked heading, try one straight line across the top. After which your price is the most important thing.. everything else is secondary information.. so design and then look at it and take note of how your eye travels.

Remember - eyes are attracted to space, so simplify your copy and the information. People don't need to know every single detail, give them the meat and let them click or call or email for the rest.

As for the aesthetics.. see Dave's note.

--
    Visited the graphics forums after a long time.. now I have justified my nomination.. phew!