User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy JavaScript -> ASP parameters

Hi,

I am having problems getting a certain piece of my design to work in both Netscape & IE.

If you look at http://www.beyondtheprint.com.au/galleries.asp it works in IE only ("works" means that when you select a gallery & choose a thumbnail, the full size image appears in a popup ( I know, but client request!) and everything is fine .... in Netscape you just get "The parameter is incorrect".

Most of the code is dynamically generated, but I can't seem to get the "let's pass the image name & caption to the popup" correct. The closest I can get is http://www.beyondtheprint.com.au/galleriesx.asp - can anyone see what I'm doing wrong ?

TIA

Whistler BC originally from Guelph Ontario
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could drop the javascript, (I don't say that often), and create a seperate page to receive the img information. The it would load the right image. This would then be guarunteed (sp) to work.

Maelstrom Personal - Apparition Visions
    Development - PhP || Mysql || Zend || Devshed
    Unix - FreeBSD || FreeBsdForums || Man Pages
    They made me a sitepoint Mentor - Feel free to PM me or Email me and I will see if I can help.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, but then how do I get the page to resize itself to "just that bit bigger" than the iamge itself ?

I thought you could only programmatically change the size of a window while you're opening it ?

Whistler BC originally from Guelph Ontario
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by v8central
    OK, but then how do I get the page to resize itself to "just that bit bigger" than the iamge itself ?

I thought you could only programmatically change the size of a window while you're opening it ?
    No reSizeto(800,600) will work to. You just have to capture it at the right time. I think onload would be best here. Are all of your pics uniform size?
    Maelstrom Personal - Apparition Visions
    Development - PhP || Mysql || Zend || Devshed
    Unix - FreeBSD || FreeBsdForums || Man Pages
    They made me a sitepoint Mentor - Feel free to PM me or Email me and I will see if I can help.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Maelstrom

Are all of your pics uniform size?
    No, they can be any size. I have some ASP code to calculate the size of the image, then I add a bit too it ( to get a nice edge and some caption space at the bottom), then pass these settings to the JavaScript.

You should see in IE that when you click on a portrait or landscape shot, or different sizes (although most of them are the same size) that the popup is resized accordingly. In Netscape I just get "The parameter is incorrect" - not good

Anyway, I'll try the reSizeto soon