SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on a tight deadline for redesigning my website to be totally run off of databases such as sitepoints website. I am wondering if there is a free script out there that has these abilities:
    Polls, Articles, Links, News (separate pages for each and the latest 5 news stories will show up on index page), ability to add authors, administration section.

I have looked at some things such as Back-End but that is overkill for what I am looking for.

The script is pretty much how sitepoint is.

Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably don't want to hear this, but there is no "turnkey" solution for a database driven website.

Each script would have to be HIGHLY customized for your site inparticular...if you have the finanical means, but not much time, you probably ought to higher a PHP/SQL programmer. If you have plenty of time, and would rather not shell out huge amounts of cash, then I recommend picking up a copy of "Professional PHP Programming" from http://www.wrox.com and reading Kevin's PHP/SQL article series thoroughly...in time you should be able to achieve many of the same things that SP has with their system.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer - Programmer in Training
    DomainMailings.com: Who says all the good names are taken?
    "I'm not an insomniac, I'm a web designer."