Thread: Image Gallery

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image Gallery

Hi guys,

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong section!

As a software consultant, I've voluntered some of my time to a local school to help them redesign and build their website.

The only problem is that they use a CMS system called "LGfL CMS" - it's a VERY basic CMS system that a lot of school in the North West of England use as it's free and provided by their local education authorities.

The problem is, it's a VERY restrictive system and we are not allowed root access to edit the structure of the underlying template. Also, we're obviously not allowed to add our own PHP code either.

As the school only wanted a very simple site, it was easy to get around most of the issues. The only problem I'm left with is an image gallery...

The school want to display an image gallery of children's work. A simple grid of thumbnails with captions linking to full size images is perfectly fine as a solution.

This is possible to do in the editable content, however the staff who will regularly update the site are not technical and are unable to grasp the concepts involved in HTML. And as I don't want to get a call every week to update the site, I'd like to make this as easy as possible for them to update.

So, with that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions for some kind of gallery system I could embed into this site?

It would need to embed using HTML only - as I said, PHP based solutions such as Gallery2 (an excellent solution that I've used before) are not suitable for this site.

I thought about setting up a Flickr account and embedding this into the school site using the HTML Flickr provide to embed slideshows, but I'd need to display appropriate captions/comments with the images and I didn't see anyway of doing that.

I'd appreciate any help/suggestions!

Thanks,

Bri...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing i can think is to use something like flickr or photosnap.org and then hand post the text under each caption.