SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was your inspiration

Hello everyone, call me Viper. I am in the process of creating my own series of sites. I have one outlined but its not really my ideal website and i worry that i would not be able to keep it up and eventually loose interest. I want to make a site but i just cant figure out what to really do it as.

so...what was your inspiration for your own sites? Also when you got the idea how long did it take till you had it all set up?

thank you,

Viper

SitePoint Enthusiast archanapatel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also tried to make best sites of world with my idea. My inspiration is orkut.
    I took too much time to implement site but still i didnt get my site as i want. I am still trying after 3 months.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is orkut? (if its a web thing, sorry, im new to this stuff but want to learn)
    Future Site Owner and Hopfully a Profite Maker

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all find our inspiration in different places. I myself find inspiration for different sites in different ways. From concept to layout I find myself looking at numerous sources to complete the initial idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, call me Cobra.

Sites take a lot of work and maintence to keep alive.
    First of all why do you want to design websites, what is the purpose of them?

If you want a design portfolio then build websites with design themes that interest you(snakes or whatever).

If you want to make money out of then, then you have a few options, ecommerce, affiliate/contract advertising, social networking. If you have no money to invest then you would be best off building some basic sites with some adsense ads.

Then once you have chosen your revenue strategy you have to think about what interests you, but more importantly, what kind of site you feel will be succesful, which is where you think about market strategy.

If you build some sites without thinking about any of this then they will probably not work. First define the purpose of your site and then how you will achieve it through the site. Follow the process for each website and you will have it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyjetsu View Post
    Hello, call me Cobra.

Sites take a lot of work and maintence to keep alive.
    First of all why do you want to design websites, what is the purpose of them?

If you want a design portfolio then build websites with design themes that interest you(snakes or whatever).
    just realized how dumb my initial post was..haha. thanks for the overall reply cyj

oh by the way, the viper is for the car...the dodge viper and i only said it becuase most forums users end up calling me viper anyway
    Future Site Owner and Hopfully a Profite Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use CSS remix (currently under maintenance) for a lot of inspiration. I also use FWA (Im personally again full flash websites, but there is a lot of inspirational designs to be gawped at on there ). I also use Web Creme and Sitepoint.com. I find a lot of member's sites to be inspirational at times . There are far too many good inspirational resources to list.
    Neron-Fx
    Everytime a user opens Internet Explorer, a web developer dies...
    http://www.savethedevelopers.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyjetsu View Post
    ... you have to think about what interests you, but more importantly, what kind of site you feel will be successful, which is where you think about market strategy.

... First define the purpose of your site and then how you will achieve it through the site. Follow the process for each website and you will have it.
    He've said it all I think!

As you are a newbie in the industry, feel free to search and search... use keywords that you think best describes your dream site. Then draw your layout and plan from there. Once you have a general plan, go back here and post. Most likely, we designers & developers can help you from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your inspiration needs to be your mind. Follow your dreams like all founders did: Google, Yahoo, Facebook ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My winner is this website (blog) - http://www.nerdbusiness.com/blog/top-100-css-designs-2007. You can really find great designs there!