User Tag List

Thread: Custom CMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Custom CMS

Hello,
    I wish to make a small CMS system which I can use to let people who ask me to make a website for them to use when they wish to update their own website.

I just wnat to know how you can have a textarea on a page with the code inside and allow the user to modify it and then a button at the bottom to save. How do you get the specific pages code into the box in the firts place and then how do you save it back in afterwards into the correct location in the code file?

I hope you understand my question.

Thanks

Regards,
    Neil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the description of your thread the task is not easy. And if I just outline the steps, it probably won't help you much.

I recommend first read PHP and MySQL Visual QuickPro Guide by Larry Ullman. You will learn how to code in PHP, and use forms to save pages in files or databases.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rctneil View Post
    Hello,
    I wish to make a small CMS system which I can use to let people who ask me to make a website for them to use when they wish to update their own website.

I just wnat to know how you can have a textarea on a page with the code inside and allow the user to modify it and then a button at the bottom to save. How do you get the specific pages code into the box in the firts place and then how do you save it back in afterwards into the correct location in the code file?

I hope you understand my question.

Thanks

Regards,
    Neil
    Don't re-invent a wheel that has been re-invented repeatedly. Its far easier to learn to modify an existing CMS, and believe me there are many, rather than coming up with one on your own.