SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send Large Files without Email Attachments[MORE THAN 100 GB]

Scott Adams, creator of the very popular Dilbert comic strip, is trying to do with his new service Dilbert Files.
    Dilbert Files lets you send large files on the Internet without having to attach them in an email message. You can either upload the file using the Dilbert app for desktop, through Microsoft Outlook or just use the web browser.

Dilbert Files is just another service like RapidShare and YouSendIt, where it requires you to spend around $10 per month for sending files up to 250MB per month.

READ MORE

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Viron86,

I checked out the Dilbert site for uploading big files, and clicked the link at the bottom, this site is actually sendyourfiles com with some other branding slapped on it; but I do like the look of it better with the Dilbert on it However this site has a lot of limitations. To even try it, you have to be a paying user. It doesn't support custom encryption either, and they don't provide a service level guarantee, so you can pay and later find there's no service!! I do like the fact that they have the online storage though.

Have you tried any others that you can recommend? I use sendtoperson.com to send large files because it has a free plan for my friends that lets them send up to 1 GB every month. For working with my clients, I can run my own custom branded site on my own domain name. They support custom encryption which is important because I need to make sure that I don't put my customers' data at risk. The last thing I need is to find out a website's ex-employee stole some of my client's data and I'm responsible. The best feature though, is that when you get a team site on www.sendtoperson.com you get unlimited accounts so you don't have to manage the users. For all the other services you have to add and remove each user account, or pay on a per user basis.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by viron86 View Post
    Scott Adams, creator of the very popular Dilbert comic strip, is trying to do with his new service Dilbert Files.
    Dilbert Files lets you send large files on the Internet without having to attach them in an email message. You can either upload the file using the Dilbert app for desktop, through Microsoft Outlook or just use the web browser.

Dilbert Files is just another service like RapidShare and YouSendIt, where it requires you to spend around $10 per month for sending files up to 250MB per month.

READ MORE