0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Freelance Script question...Experts Please give me your feedback

I wanted to create my own marketplace. I have looked at
    ilance -- too expensive
    Radlance -- ok
    freelancesuite -- ok for the price.

Can you experts please let me know which script is the best right now in the market.

Also please do let me know which script do guru.com and elance.com uses.

Thanks so much for your help

A

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a tough one. I haven't seen any "out of the box" scripts that were of high quality. If you are working on a low budget, it might be good to start with something like radlance or freelancesuite, with plans to do a rebuild from scratch as you have funds available.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a good feedback dvduval. do you really think there is a market for another freelance website? and what is that you dont like in the current ones like guru or elance. Please do pm me ur message.

Regards,
    A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always a market. Just take it seriously, work your 4ss off, believe in your dream and it will come true.
    No one thought that from 2000 Google will rise to the top from a garage, did they?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dude

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at kubelance. I researched the other freelance script . I sent in questions and the guy who owns it was really short with me and obnoxious. Sounded almost like he could not be bothered and it was either buy the script or go screw yourself. The script is encoded so i have to ask questions and it's not like all the info was posted online either. I think it is something to be really concerned about.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kubelance is ok. They do provide source code but development looks stale. It is very workable.

Are you talking about a bad experience with radlance / radscripts? If so it would not be a surprise at all. Radlance is encoded and the boss man Ed is a piece of work IMHO. I've been in touch with another developer and who is releasing a freelancers script that is similar and I'll see if they have any details yet.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that ed pakstas or paskas at radlance was nasty and he's got like 2 sites that use the software that have any results. Radlance is awkward looking and encoded. With that attitude it's all lose. I am buying Kubelance to play around with it since it is so cheap.

I looked at ilance just for sheets and giggles (waaaaay to expensive!!!) but it looks like a totally dead script from a long time ago. All the searches I did found empty sites with zero activity for years. I think ilance is totally at the end of the life cycle. I wouldn't pay $500 for an unlimited license without seeing a bunch of sites that show the script is usable other than a crappy demo.

I bought a script this year that looked pretty good until I found out it was really usable with an older version of php. Its why I came back here to ask questions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you got the last name right and might have been searching to find it. Radlance is a script to avoid at all costs in my opinion. I agree that the Radlance owner is a lunatic and control freak. If you dont think that you will have problems once you buy a script I suggest you read all the fine print for Radlance. Some new alternatives are going to be released from what I hear and staying away from this one is a great idea. I read on another board that Radlance contains portions of stolen code too and the writer seemed believable to me. Treats people who want to buy the script like they are lucky and fortunate to have been blessed to have the script. My friend who has been in IT for over 10 years was shaking his head when he saw the communications.