SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why wont some of my internet pages load on my internet explorer?

I have got internet explorer 7, this morning i went onto my computer and my yahoo homepage came up. I clicked sign in to the yahoo mail and it said 'the page cannot be displayed'? I thought there must be something wrong with there servers as all the other sites i visited worked fine! I then tried it again tonight and no success? So i checked some other pages where you have to sign in with your user name and password and they don't work either now? I have tried, yahoo mail, ebay and paypal. So i know its not a problem with there servers but my computer? I can load any page that doesn't require you to sign in but when i have to sign in to a page using a account name and password it says 'the page cannot be displayed'? Please could someone help me with this problem!

Thanks HydroJohn

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing to do is clear your cookies. This can be done in IE7 by going to the tools menu, then 'delete browsing history' and then 'delete cookies'. Usually logon details are stored in a cookie set by the website(s) you visited. Deleting them means you'll have to remember your logon details for the site(s) but you should be able to access them again. Also check your privacy and security settings to make sure there are no obvious problems there. (Tools, internet options, privacy/security tabs.)
    If you still have problems, install Firefox and try acessing the site(s) in that browser and see if it has the same issue, which is unlikely so you can then either keep using Firefox (which would be my recommendation anyway,) or at least know that the problem is with IE and go from there.