SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating pages that function differently from the other pages on your wordpress site?

Case scenario:
    You have a website that uses was built on Wordpress.

Now you want to create 2 more pages that have different functionalities.

• One page is a Contact Us that has a form for visitors to leave messages

• Another page is a Careers page where the visitors can write briefly about themselves and upload their resumes

If your page was developed with wordpress, how do you add a link for these 2 additional pages which i'm sure cant be created using Wordpress's dashboard.

How else can i approach this?

Thanking you in advance.
    Kenneth Jaysone Francis

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use Page Templates in wordpress to do this. Just create the page template and assign it to the pages in question.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Page_Templates

For the contact us page, there are a number of plugins that allow you to create a form and insert it into a page with a tag. Check out the plugin repository at wordpress.org.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To simply create a page with a contact form and another with different content in the same area you just edit the pages within WP dashboard with the relevant content for each page.

As far as a contact form: http://chip.cuccio.us/projects/contact-form-II/

As far as the other page I cannot tell you ow to build this functionality there may be a plug in that does this or (can be made to do it) but all you have to do to get the content there is create the page(s) in the dashboard and then add the specific content you want on each page into the text editor. The WYSIWYG editor may give you some trouble but once you get the hang of it it is tamable (or it can be turned off temporarily while you add the content)

Now as far as linking to these 2 pages you can either hard code them into the theme where you want them to appear or there is a template tag to display all pages: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_list_pages there are many parameters to make them display in various ways.

Hope this helps.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all. I'll work on what you've advised and i'll definitely get back to you if i need some help.

Thanks again