SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy osCommerce: adding a radio button for delivery time, how to do the validation?

Dear all,

I'm new to os commerce and trying to customize the order form...

I wish to add a radio button where customer get to choose whether to send the order to receiver in the morning or afternoon.

so i do like below...

PHP Code:
    <?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('delivery_time''m'$morning) . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' MORNING '&nbsp;&nbsp;' tep_draw_radio_field('delivery_time''a'$afternoon) . '&nbsp;&nbsp;' AFTERNOON '&nbsp;' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_DELIVERY_TIME_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' ENTRY_DELIVERY_TIME_TEXT '</span>'''); ?>

The problem is.. I don't get to do validation whether the radio button is selected as I wish to make it a required field. I also having problem to keep the selection to session..

Can anyone please guide me?

Thanks!

rajug.replace('Raju Gautam'); bronze trophy Raju Gautam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sunny,

Welcome to the Sitepoint forums!

Order page means where? Checkout shipping or Checkout payment?

Though I am also not guru on this osCommerce, whichever the file/page is, see where the form has been posted and processed, then you can validate it there.

BTW, validation - server side or client side?
    Mistakes are proof that you are trying.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PSD to HTML - SlicingArt.com | Personal Blog | ZCE - PHP 5

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear rajug,

Thanks so much for your reply..

I'm adding the script to checkout_shipping.php

From my understanding, I should add something inside this code(same file- checkout_shipping.php) to make the validation work, however I failed to get it work...

if ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'process') ) {
    Do you have any idea?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between, I'm trying to do validation to some other text field that I added to the checkout_shipping.php.

The input field:
    <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('delivery_date', $delivery_date) . '&nbsp;' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_DELIVERY_DATE_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_DELIVERY_DATE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>

The validation part:
    if (strlen($delivery_date) <1) {
    $error = true;
    //die("no delivery date");
    $messageStack->add('checkout_address', ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_ERROR);
    }
    However, if the delivery_date is empty, the form still can go through when the die("no delivery date"); is commented. When I let the die("no delivery date"); runs on the script, error message "no delivery date" will be shown.

Do you think the problem occurs at $messageStack->add('checkout_address', ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_ERROR); or I have missed out anything to make the validation works?

Please share your opinion... I don't know how to proceed now..