SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use them as my registrar... no problems there. However I work full time as a recruiter and I am local to Godaddy's area and I get a lot of applicants looking to leave because they are forced to upsell on every type of support call. I have called their support a few times and after a polite "no thanks" once or twice you usually get the support that you need.
    Finding options is easy, making decisions is not always so.
    Compare hundreds of hosting plans quickly.
    The Ultimate Web Hosting Search Engine - Now Live!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to hate them, but they are cheap and I use them for a few sites that need little attention.

They have good uptime and they are cheap.

When I first started using them I found it hard and frustrating to navigate through all of the advertising and junk on the site but now I’m used to it.
    I have had a few frustration experiences with them but I think that is normal with most cheap hosting.

I wouldn’t recommend them or rave about them but they are reliable and cheap.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never tried their other services, but as far as domain registration is concerned they're pretty good. They have a great platform for those who have to manage many domains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godaddy is domain name registrar. They started web hosting. But I have seen several bad reviews on them. But that do not prove they bad at all. I think that worth to give them a try.
    MicroVPS.com
    Virtuozzo VPS 256MB RAM/20GB HDD/300GB
    Bandwidth starting from $19.95/month

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two sites on godaddy, with one being a php site and the other a wordpress blog and find them to be fine. I have decent traffic but not an overly sophisticated application and always can get someone on the phone when I have questions and they are well intentioned and well trained.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are a great web host. I used them for domains, hosting, and vps. So far didn't have any complaints and the support reply was in a timely manner (3 hours avg.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In respect of domains, I will go to Go Daddy, no problems so far, but renewal seems a bit expensive. Well, discount codes can always be used. On hosting, I prefer to go for others.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great registrar for domains, there's always promo codes available too! However, my experience with their hosting was very bad. I have tried both the shared and VPS plans. Canceled both within a week of opening them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my client always say....godaddy is giving same thing in this...why do we need to pay this much or...may be double...

i say may be support .....u r one big customer for me in may be 100...but for godaddy u r one among thousand...
    i have one support staff for 50...and i know ur site and u personally ..but for godadday u r just another tom dick or harry...

my servers are not oversold...but i am 100% sure that every of their server is 80-90% full....

selling hosting is all about selling service and supoort in this modern era..otherwise slowly just spaces are now started being available for free

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heard mixed reviews on GoDaddy.....

Great commercials though...

"....i'll show you enhanced."
    Dewey
    DedicatedNow.com
    Servers from $49.95!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok for webhosting. great for domain names.