SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

open source eCommerce solutions

Does anyone know of a good open source eCommerce source that would allow me to set up online stores without knowing a scripting language? I've been recommended osCommerce, but wanted to know if there were any better ones out there. Being able to custome the look to fit in with my own designs is important. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zen-Cart is fairly intuitive but likely would require some amount (maybe minimal) of knowledge - You could get someone to set it up initially very cheap, and then you could manage it

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I had researched a bunch of them after I posted this, and Zen Cart was actually the one I decided on. I'm glad to have some reassurance on my decision.

I was very impressed by Magento also, but it seems like the learning curve is quite steep. I am interested to hear people's thoughts on it however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! If you have any problems or questions with Zen-Cart, let me know, I'm the "pro" (look at signature )

Quote Originally Posted by ktomasso View Post
    Thanks! I had researched a bunch of them after I posted this, and Zen Cart was actually the one I decided on. I'm glad to have some reassurance on my decision.

I was very impressed by Magento also, but it seems like the learning curve is quite steep. I am interested to hear people's thoughts on it however.