SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you spot the invalid charactor?

According to IE my xml has an invalid charactor on line 92. Here is line 92 I cannot see the problem. but something is wrong because When I load it into Flash I get a error telling me that it is not right.

line 92:
    Code:
    stone_shape="Round"><stone_upcharges><diamond>126.00</diamond></stone_upcharges><stone_exceptions><aquamarine>Sky Blue</aquamarine><diamond>White Topaz</diamond><emerald>Simulated Emerald</emerald><pearl>Smokey Quartz or Simulated Alexandrite</pearl><genuine ruby>Simulated Ruby</genuine ruby><peridot>Green Lemon Quartz</peridot><sapphire>Genuine Iolight</sapphire><tourmaline>Opal or Simulated Rose Zircon</tourmaline><blue topaz>Swiss Blue Topaz or Simulated Blue Zircon</blue topaz></stone_exceptions></stone><stone stone_x="198.70"

Thanks!
    Altoona Design
    Freelance Flex developer for hire.
    ActionScript Programmer with 8 Years Experience.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything in particular. Did you by chance copy and paste that from somewhere into your code? Try deleting the "" and manually typing them in. On occasion, if you paste from certain things you get a different type of "" which causes an invalid character problem. Other than that, I didn't see anything.

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I am generating that XML from a PHP script I wrote, and I only get the error when I pull up a particular set of data.

my script creates it like this:

<value_from_db value_from_db="value_from_db">
    value_from_db
    </value_from_db>

where value_from_db represents a value pulled from a data base.

actualy wait I see it now....the problem is one of the nodes has a space... </genuine ruby>

Thanks!!
    Altoona Design
    Freelance Flex developer for hire.
    ActionScript Programmer with 8 Years Experience.