SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you organize your website templates?

Hello all,

Just wondering if there is such a thing as a website template organizer that will organize my template folders? I have many templates, but when I need a particular industry for a project, I have to manually look through them all. There has got to be a better way.

Any help or suggestions would be great

Thanks in advance

tec
    Last edited by tecboy; Nov 5, 2008 at 11:13.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be really useful.. but I ve never seen something like that...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have not found anything like it anywhere. I am using Adobe Bridge and helps some but not what I really need. Any suggestions would be appreciated people. Thanks in advance

tec

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't you just create multiple folders on your hard drive?

templates
    +- Animals
    +- Web Design
    +- Etc..

Then put them in the respective folders. If you're using an OS that supports tags than tag your templates with keywords so you can search for them easier.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Thanks for the suggestion. YES! I do already have close to 3000 folders with templates inside of them. What I was looking for would be a proggy that would catagorize them by maybe (Auto) - and sub catagories of (car wash) - (Mechanic), (Paint Shop), (Parts) etc., and show me the preview of the index.htm. If I have 30 car wash sites, sure would be nice to find all the car wash sites and be able to view each individually, so I can make a choice which I will use for my next project without having to go into each folder and clicking the htm doc. What I have done for logo templates, is make an html doc with preview images in columns and rows and I can get an idea of the image to use, click the image taking me to the full image. But I aint gonna do that for 3G templates! lol - Too much work for this ol boy. As far as tags go, I could tag as you suggested and use the preview capability in Adobe Bridge. Might Work! I just assumed this would already exist. I guess I was wrong. Any programmers out there? heehee

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming. Maybe the answer to my problem is right under my nose.

Thanks again,

Tec