SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About website design.

I am still a newbie website designer here:

I have finished studying html and css. but the problem is i can't create a good website using their capabilities. Just plain text websites. I want to add a feature where my visitors could create an account and save the data on my server.

What is the next things i need to learn besides photoshop/photo editing? I want that to help my problem about accounts creation.

Hope someone helps me. I can create a windows-based program but it consumes my time developing it. I want a ready made language or something.

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that you'll need knowledge in at least one server-side programming language and also some skills in SQL and database design. If this is meant for a serious enterprise you'll need a decent understanding of security issues, too.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically what you want to achieve is a database driven website whereby information is stored on the web server then a script is used to retrieve the information.

For this, as a very grateful owner of the book I would recommend:
    Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL

This book has been invaluable to me since I took the decision to learn a server side language (I was at the same point then as you are now).

There are numerous server-side programming languages you can pick however I did find grasping PHP quite straightforward and logical... and very rewarding when you execute your first script that works!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need to get heavily into PHP and MySQL to do what you want to do. But if you
    find that it's too hard, you can also learn some of the CMS systems out there that have a lot of dynamic functionality already built into them.
    Chris Reynolds
    Crey Design
    Arizona Web Design
    Personal Blog