User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wordpress Image Upload

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone is up to date on word presses latest version?

What I would like to know is does it have added functionality that allows you to upload images when adding images to a post? In the version I currently have, you must manually upload the image and then link to.

any feedback would be great.

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes the uploader is quite funky in the most recent version, has a number of fields you can enter metadata and captions/titles etc for.

Is there anything more specific you need to know about it to know if it suits your needs?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not sure if you understood my post. What I would like is for the user to be able to upload images easily using the insert image button. Currently when you click the button it asks you to enter the url of the image. Which means you have to upload the image manually.

Either this or another function that allows you to upload a image would do. Does wordpress have this feature?

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AFAIK, yes it does.. the uploader is available when you click the image icon (when writing posts/pages) and you simply use a file browser to find it (if it is on your machine) and then you're done. There's a couple of other issues with it, like file re-sizing etc, but it mostly takes care of it from a writers perspective.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand. If you have not upload yet then no image link to insert. You must upload image before,after then you have link to insert.
    Now,I am using Windows Live Writer for blogging,upload image on imageshack by add-on at imageshack homepage,don't know can these help you?