SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice: This is a discussion thread for comments about the SitePoint article, Scratching the Surface with August de los Reyes.

By far, my favorite part of this interview was this part:

<blockquote>Iím a little bit allergic to the term process, because it implies linearity. [Ö] As long as Iím true to those principles, really good design is almost an emergent outcome. Does that make sense?</blockquote>

This is exactly the same principle as I like to espouse wherever I can, which is fundamentals first and without restraint. It's sad, I think, that so many differing disciplines fail to see where the fundamentals they apply day in and day out are actually so closely interwoven with the fundamentals of other disciplines. Capitalizing on the ability to make these kinds of connections is, I have no doubt, the single most often missed opportunity in history.

I was really engaged in August's talk, and reading this adds even more value to it. Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,

This is exactly the same principle as I like to espouse wherever I can, which is fundamentals first and without restraint. It's sad, I think, that so many differing disciplines fail to see where the fundamentals they apply day in and day out are actually so closely interwoven with the fundamentals of other disciplines. Capitalizing on the ability to make these kinds of connections is, I have no doubt, the single most often missed opportunity in history.
    You know all of those tricky CSS layout techniques that you've spent years mastering? Well, be prepared to abandon them all. OK, maybe not immediately, but as Rachel and Kevin explain in this excerpt from the forthcoming SitePoint title, Everything You Know About CSS is Wrong!, the way we lay out pages is about to change forever...
    make money online