SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Site Search in HTML Utopia..Newbie needs help.

I have been working through the 'Footbag Freaks' example to help me with an assignment I am doing for Ned11 - Internet Design - Introduction.

The HTML Utopia book has been great but referring to the Site Search feature on page 207 of the PDF book, I am trying to get it to work, but don't know how.

There are a couple of empty "" after action=
    I tried putting a relevant word in there but the search didn't work.

Can anyone help, I have Googled Site Search features but haven't been able to find anything I can understand.

Zoe

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply nasirch

I am still unsure 'how' the search feature is supposed to work. I tried action="#" but it didn't work. I would have thought that you would have to put relevant keywords into the code somewhere so that it knows what to search for.

I don't understand what each line of the search code means in the example, so makes it hard to try and work it out.

I only have another couple of days to work on this, I may have to admit defeat and look into it further later

Zoe

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the book sorry, so I'm talking blind here :-), but does the book actually use a search engine in that tutorial - I mean does it show you how to 'hook' up to a search engine, and if so, which one? The action="" means it needs a 'call to action' in there for the search engine to work.

Nadia

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Thanks for you help Nadia

No, I don't think the book shows you how to hook up the search engine. It is obviously more about CSS layout.

All is good though, I don't think my assignment will require the search engine to work now.

Cheers

Zoe