SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Best encrypted submission method.

I am tyring to decide which is the best and easiest encryption scheme to utilize on a project where all data processing is done client-side. I originally had it configured using the mailto function, but the lack of ability to encrypt the data makes that option impractical. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I could get that data from the client's Pc to my office secure (the domain server is hosted elsewhere as well so just having a secure connection to the server won't cut it for just that. If that was the case, I'd just build a SQL server and run it with ASP and just build an administrator page, but I have the site practically done and don't want to have to wreck all of my code, so i thought I'd look for an easier, better option. Is there some kind of PGP javascript that would let me set the password beforehand? (I know that's tricky as someone could hack it)

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say data is being processed on the client side. Did you write the client side programs? If so, depending on the language, it should be too hard to add key based encryption which basically scambles whatever data into something that can be sent by email.

But there's loads off ifs and buts I have. I would suggest, although you don't seem to want to do it, that a web site is the best storage place. The client places the data their via SSL and you collect it to your office from the server.