SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile This may be tooooo much of an ask

Need some hand-holding here I've finished Sitepoints Ian Lloyd's book "How to build a website the right way". I want to and will try to handcode and learn as I go. But I think I need help. Let me explain.

I'm begining to develop a site to raise funds for a Charity (US Non Profit) we have started. It will build and provide on going funding for an orphanage in Thailand (we adopted our son from Thailand 6 years ago when he was 2 years old). We are as a family covering all the set up and ongoing administration costs ourselves so 100% of the donors gifts go directly to the children welfare. We will be taking zero salaries or gifts of any kind. So for example all hosting, web development, legal costs, trips to Thailand with hotel accommodation etc will be paid for out of our personal funds so all money raised will benefit the children. This is a labour of love not a money making venture. Sorry for being long on explanation but it helps you get a feel for what we are doing.

When working for another Charity a few years ago I funded the development of what we called the "365 project" as a fund-raising model. Our web guys then used asp and tables. When this Charity had to close due to lack of funding I gave the asp code to a USA based Non Profit ministry who then converted our idea into php. You can see what they did here . I contacted them and they sent me their php/html code. Now to the specific help I need. Wanting to use strict 1.0 Doc and php I need someone to help or even perhaps do it for me, take this code and clean it up if necessary and integrate it into Worldpay Futurepay (regular monthly subscriptions). I want it right, good clean code that validates and has good accessibility. From what I have read tables are the proper element for tubular data so tables should be ok for the calender "365" project......am I right here?

There is much more I need to add but this should suffice for now. Anyone willing to help? I can pay for this work/help but as I hope you can appreciate I'm trying to keep costs down to a minimum......but I realise that this is my project so if you can help pm me. I hope this is appropriate asking this on the forum? Or maybe this would be better as an ad in the Marketplace or in getafreelancer? Any advice would be appreciated.......a lot

Thanks............grace2much
    If you want to go fast go alone, but if you want to go far go with friends

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep,
    to gain what he cannot lose....Jim Elliot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just PMed you.

I may help.

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grace2much View Post
    Or maybe this would be better as an ad in the Marketplace
    Yes. You're essentially looking to hire someone, and such ads belong in the Marketplace.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane