User Tag List

Thread: LeapFish.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LeapFish.com

I have had a client ask some questions about this project LeapFish.com but could find very little info online. Anyone have any comments or reviews.

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my clients just "signed up"... unfortunately.

They're an aggregator site that pulls results from Yahoo, Google, and MSN. He paid $3000 for the third serp listing on a search term. He was given a "certificate" and they're claiming that he can eventually sell the certificate to a larger company as "stock" eventually.

Here's the problem. The domain appears to have been blacklisted by Google - aggregator sites break their terms of service (no automated inquiries). And once they went online I can't find him under the specified term he supposedly bought! If it worked it would be dependent on how many visitors leapfish gets and right now they're MIA on Google.

I've got a call into their sales department - have a name and # from my client - 4 calls and 2 messages later I've got no response. I'd vote it up to a scam. I'm hoping to have more proof later this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything about LeadFish.com, but if you do some searches on it, you get a lot of people talking about scams and weird contacts with LeapFish and so on. That right there tells me that there's something "red flag" about a company like that, so probably just avoid it flat out.
    Chris Reynolds
    Crey Design
    Arizona Web Design
    Personal Blog

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is LeapFish.com ?... I visited that website and it seems to be a news website... Is that the same website you're referring to above?
    MortgageApplication.net - Compare home mortgage rates & quotes.
    Compare Mortgage Rates - Home Mortgage - US Mortgage News

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leapfish is Amazing. Has anyone seen any drawbacks yet?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Why would anyone say Leapfish is amazing without stating why unless they worked for leapfish???

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its amazing to check my rankings on keywords without having to go to the Big 3 and check individually. An No I dontwork for it or have any afiliations

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

What are you checking your rankings against? Alexa?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy042 View Post
    One of my clients just "signed up"... unfortunately.

They're an aggregator site that pulls results from Yahoo, Google, and MSN. He paid $3000 for the third serp listing on a search term. He was given a "certificate" and they're claiming that he can eventually sell the certificate to a larger company as "stock" eventually.

Here's the problem. The domain appears to have been blacklisted by Google - aggregator sites break their terms of service (no automated inquiries). And once they went online I can't find him under the specified term he supposedly bought! If it worked it would be dependent on how many visitors leapfish gets and right now they're MIA on Google.

I've got a call into their sales department - have a name and # from my client - 4 calls and 2 messages later I've got no response. I'd vote it up to a scam. I'm hoping to have more proof later this week.
    Greetings,
    I read your post and I am dealing with the same leap fish issue.Looked for more post by you hoping you found more proof without luck.I would like to know if there is anything more I can do.I canceled my card the same day Aug.5th 2009 Visa just put it on the new card that hasn't even arrived yet.I have gone to the bank twice, the police once, and filed a complaint at the B.B.B. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank, Be Well,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree whole-heartedly that these methods of doing business are shady. The real world is just like our father told us, be honest, work hard, don't make mistakes, and your efforts will pay off. The key in that statement is, "don't make mistakes". Do the things that make sense. Optimize your site, make partnerships if possible and stick to the rules and if your content is important it will become saturated in this grand frontier we call the world wide web.
    Scot Trodick
    Dir. of Marketing and Business Dev.
    Versadial Solutions
    http://www.versadial.com/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks as if you covered a lot of bases dgfitz. One thing I might do is start searching for the phrase "Leapfish" and read what others are saying on the web and give the forum-goers a few words of wisdom. Be careful of the people who are praising Leapfish to no bounds and claim, without hesitation, that they do not work for Leapfish but seem shy to answer questions that put them on the spot.
    Cheers!
    Scot Trodick
    Dir. of Marketing and Business Dev.
    Versadial Solutions
    http://www.versadial.com/

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versadial View Post
    Looks as if you covered a lot of bases dgfitz. One thing I might do is start searching for the phrase "Leapfish" and read what others are saying on the web and give the forum-goers a few words of wisdom. Be careful of the people who are praising Leapfish to no bounds and claim, without hesitation, that they do not work for Leapfish but seem shy to answer questions that put them on the spot.
    Cheers!
    versadial,
    You caught on to their astroturfing - an artificial grass roots movement.

I had the displeasure of them calling me a few times and then they bypassed me and went to my CEO. I summarized my experience in a page called LeapFish Review. I guess I could have called it "Hey buddy, want to buy a $35.000 conversion. "
    SalaryMap.com - Your salary on the map
    Mix Breed Dog Pictures