SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

User/Membership Mgmt Software for Wordpress?

Hi

We are currently using Wordpress for our site content and have a private members section and we are using a user and membership management software but not happy with their customer service.

They are VERY slow to respond even if you are paying for their services

We need something that will seamlessly integrate with Wordpress and easily import our 200-300 member database

We also would like the software to support payments (IE paypal)

We just want it to work..and willing to pay without countless emails to the support department

Whatever happened to good customer service anyways?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

JS

You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, you must be secretly talking about AMember. Same experience with their support dept so we've had to become masters of the program ourselves.

Unfortunately, it is the definitive member script out there still especially when wanting to integrate with your own wordpress install. We do have a couple of clients up and running with wordpress, 1shoppingcart, authorize.net, amember. We might be interested in helping if you want to talk.

Another membership system we've been hearing about lately is membergate.com
    but don't have any reviews on it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Mitchell at Advent Web Solutions was building a user permissions WordPress plugin a while ago. We were intending to use it on our local ice hockey clubs website (http://dunedinicehockey.co.nz/). I was supposed to do some testing on it for him a while back but haven't gotten around to it yet. I assume he has put it on the backburner for the mean time. He may be willing to give you the script if you ask him nicely.

http://adventwebsolutions.co.nz/

He also has good rates for custom script development, so if you need modifications made he should be able to do them at a reasonable price.

Since we were only intending to use it on our hockey clubs site and it hasn't been tested I assume it is still a little rough around the edges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the tips..and I will check out that guy that you referred Ryan.

The membership software btw..isnt amember but thats also good to know because I was looking into that.

JS