SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to achieve Apple’s Dock magnification?

I’m a mac addict and I’m preparing a presentation for one of my classes. I have all the content ready and I have some extra time so I am thinking of doing a menu similar to OS X’s dock magnification. I downloaded a file and found this out there, but don’t know what it means:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="MacStyleDock.js"></script>
    Any suggestions?

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://reference.sitepoint.com/html/script

Where ever you download your dock implementation from should have instructions for embedding it in a webpage.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all else fails, RTFM (it took two seconds to find the source using google)

EDIT by dr john : url removed - why should I help google find your site by providing extra back links, and help drive sitepoint readers there as well.

What I found most interesting when using google, however, was just how many other forums had an identical question asked. Now I'm always a bit suspicious when that occurs, and always wonder if its real purpose was to make people search on the obvious phrase and end up on a particular site, particularly when it is so easy to find.
    Some people call such questions spam, don't they. Hence I've now edited out the url I found.
    And if I see the same question in other forums, I think I'll post the same reply...

And I also see rather a lot of short, almost pointless, posts by you in the last few days, to give you enough posts in your profile to look like an ordinary poster. But I've seen that pattern of posting before and it too is the mark of a spammer.
    Last edited by Dr John; Oct 22, 2008 at 02:15.