SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The valuable information it will give me and the Navigation.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfranklin View Post
    First we always go for content than other stuff...
    Content can be stolen ----it all boils down to having a solid catchy domain name.

Domain is KING

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm becoming more careful now in how I visit new web sites, and especially blogs. There are many opinionated and disrespectful writers out there, and so another thing I look for now is basic courtesy and netiquette. Because I find that I don't have patience for a blogger who builds their content on putting others down or pointing out problems and offering no solutions.
    Andrea, NixRacks
    Debian Dedicated Server

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericahex View Post
    For my personal use? Apart from content, I just need to be able to navigate the site.

If the content is good, I will fight with the site to get to the good stuff. I don't hold sites to the same standards I design by really - if I can get the content, I guess they just give me business by having a crappy layout since then I have fodder for people to see why they should hire me to do better. Content is king, and no amount of design savvy makes up for a worthwhile experience. Doesn't matter how pretty and usable the site is if it's a waste to read.
    I would not fight long time with the site for content. Maybe once or twice. But surely I will not become a regular visitor.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fast navigation. users wants to find info quick!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People love to link to pages that look slick. If you do the tests with same content with two different designs you will find that great designs rank better in a shorter time. It sound stupid, but its true.

I can't say that I look for something in particular. Good designs are fluid and eye pleasing as a whole. Page should be designed in Photoshop first in order to avoid chunks of bad design.
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 2.0 | Software for Real Estate Agencies