User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safely send mass email campaigns

Hi everyone!

My client has run around 30 competitions this past year with forms that complied with data protection. As a result of this high publicity campaign they've have several websites that are now doing very well. After using the data collected (80,000 email addresses) for several email marketing campaigns (within a month), his hosting account got taken offline for 5 days.

The data was used for 15 different strategy's and each address was only email was only hit once.

The host is a big player and takes spam threats very seriously and rightfully so but at my clients demise. I can verify that the data used was correctly gathered and every email had an unsubscribe link at the bottom. As far I'm aware, there's nothing they can do? If they hit the list in the same manner, we're confident the hosting will permanently remove the account and the sites along with it.

I'm now in a difficult position and need to find a solution for them. The frustrating thing is I receive 30-40 spam messages a day. How do the real spammers get away with it?

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As for SPAM, I think most come from hi-jacked or throw-away accounts. Not something you'ld want if you want to look professional. eg. "Superior Widgets" From: <jim1256dfr@gmail.hk> instead of "Superior Widgets" From: <sales@superiorwidgets.com>

AFAIK, there are hosting services that specialize in bulk emailling. I don't know how much they cost, but it would be better than losing the site host.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mittineague,

Would you happen to recommend or suggest anybody we can use? UK based would be ideal as trying to get support from the US does take quite sometime...

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you guys get round this problem?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone else send bulk email? that can lend some advice?

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Separate the problem--use a bulk email service to, well, send bulk email. Leave the web hosting to a web hosting service.