SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Strange yet Common Issue in Web...

• I dont know whether there is already a solution for this. But eager to know the solution for this common problem.
    • Consider a scenario of a web master working in an organization maintains the company website.
    • After making the required changes he might intimate by mail that to view the updated pages with the intimation to clear the cookies or temp files for the updated content to be viewed correctly.
    • But how will other users know this unless they clear their temp files ?
    • Is there any solution / script that we could add in the body tag that clears that refreshes the web page every time the page gets loaded on the clients side ? or any best solution followed for this

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of things come to mind, such as meta refresh timer, cookie expiration dates, and end user education. I'm sure there is a script or function that would help, but doesn't it depend on the type of browser and version number they are using to view your site? Another idea I've seen used on discussion forums is to force a system bulletin announcement that must be read by each new login. I know you might not be running a forum, but if you perform any type of user authentication you should be able to serve up new messages or one-time only messages upon login based on their login times.