SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toay I created wordpress blog

Today I created on wordpress blog <link removed>

What time will it take index this blog?

Actually blogger's blog isn't indexed quick so i decided to use wordpress blog.

What is different between blogger's blog and wordpress's blog?

I notice that wordpress disable our accounts after some time but blogger not. why?

I need over hundreds comments on wordpress's blog, what should I do for?
    Last edited by Varelse; Oct 19, 2008 at 10:06. Reason: link removed - irrelevant to the subject

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First, please, read the guidelines regarding posting links and self-promotion. I'd be really greateful if you follow them. It makes our lifes easier (to all of us)

Regarding your question, I think that blogger's blogs get indexed sooner because blogger is Google's blog and hence Google knows sooner about it (unlike you say). It does have its limitations as you can unly use it as a public service from Google.

Wordpress offers that service as you can see, but the software can be downloaded and installed for free in any hosting service that allows it. Furthermore, many hosting companies offer wordpress pre-installed.

I assume that if wordpress disable accounts is because they have not been used in a certain period of time, and they don't want to waste HDD space that can be used by someone else.

Still, wether you do it to be indexed, or because you want all those comments you say you need, what makes a blog a success is content. Content is important in any website, but if it is a blog even more. It has to be useful, interesting and well written.

So I would start to forget about being indexed and getting thousands of comments, and getting worried about creating a really good site with good information. The rest will come.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your instructions are welcome. Thanks you for to share good information.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My expence is that blogger blogs get indexed within a week. Don't know about wordpress, don't use it

I think you should try and generate some backlinks to your blog from other sites. This will help you get indexed faster

Als submit your blog to technorati. this will get more readership to your blog and hopeful more comments

Finally try and add new posts to your blog frequently and make sure each post is search engine optimized

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think both blog platforms are good. i used both , wordpress and blogger. Anything will do for

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by molona View Post
    Still, wether you do it to be indexed, or because you want all those comments you say you need, what makes a blog a success is content. Content is important in any website, but if it is a blog even more. It has to be useful, interesting and well written.

So I would start to forget about being indexed and getting thousands of comments, and getting worried about creating a really good site with good information. The rest will come.
    molona's suggestion is useful for all of us. Great content is the key to success. thanks very much molona.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wish to get indexed automatically then it might take some time. I recommend study Search Engine Optimization, Keyword Density and submit your blog website to search engines to crawl in.

It's best to host your blog in your own dot com domain name. Because if you move around, the URL doesn't change. Where in a sub-domain or a temporary place, a good blog might suffer.

I recommend Internet Business Promoter (Windows software), for website analysis and Search engine optimization.

Give yourself 30 days at least to see some significant difference from the search engines end.

If possible, exchange links with other websites or blogs.

Do use Google's Webmaster Tool page to analyze your blog, and take action based on the statistics they provide.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make SMO(social media optimization), your blog will be indexed withinh 24 hour.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry about it and just try to build a lot of back links. It doesn't matter how quick Google does indexed your site but what matters most is how many visitors that they give you.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is miracle CMS , I normally took not more than 3-5 days to index

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress.com blogs are indexed quickly compared to blogger because there are more traffic on wordpress.com blogs. If your account is disabled by wordpress, it simply means that you have violated their TOS. Try to read it again.

SitePoint Evangelist annescoffield's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as i know, wordpress has its automatic ping that makes the registered blog get crawled automatically by the search engines. but if you really want to be sure, proper link building is the answer. posting in high quality forums like here, in sitepoint, will help your site get crawled. social bookmarking is also recommended.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wordpress blog/site is indexed normally within 15 minutes. But it does take a bit of keyword knowledge. I also host my own domain. Have you considered doing so? Install the wordpress plugin "Another wordpress meta plugin" if you do host your own blog, or if they allow you to install plugins on wordpress.com blogs. I'm not sure since I've never used them. But that plugin, and a little research will be your best friend.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just join dofollow social bookmarking sites your blog will be index with in two days.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post On do follow forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing special different between blogger and wordpress. Both can index quick if content is good.

SitePoint Zealot theawristocrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    submit your blog to dofollow social bookmarking sites. its one way to get your blog indexed fast