User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light vs complex CMS

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of planning the redesign of this site and I've been trying to determine which CMS to learn and use. For the past couple of weeks I've been reading different sources, mostly involving Joomla vs Drupal, and I've found that I'm not entirely certain of the types of sites that are being built by the people who recommend one or the other. In short, I'm not sure if using something like Drupal would be overkill for the functionality I want.

Here are the specs:
    • 175-250 pages
    • 1-3 users
    • Simple interface for site maintenace
    • Need the ability for user to create new sections and pages, post news items, and post pdf, word, and excel documents

With these specs as a starting point could anyone give me a recommendation for a CMS that would fit the bill?

Thanks.
    Code HTML4Strict:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top choices are Drupal, Joomla and Ive heard about Seagull. WordPress may also be a suggestion.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't think you'll be extending its functionality too far beyond those specs, maybe try CMS Made Simple? It's super easy on the user-management side yet very robust for a lot of pages and menu management.

If you want something with a ton of functionality (but steeper learning curve), I'd look into Drupal.