SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

show info in box

Is there a way to create a pop-up inside of FLASH? Well i don't know if it's a pop-up per sei...more like when I mouse over this object, text will display to the right of it in another specified area with a brief description pertaining to that particular object. The text will change based on which object is moused over. I'm thinking I would need to pull it in using XML for ease of use when updating the info in the text fields.

Any examples would be great. When I do a search for pop-up in FLASH I get the typical "open a new window" type examples.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I asking a bad question? I remember that I could create a script that would "reveal" info but that I had to embed each one in a different frame, point the link that frame, and then have it go back to the first frame that is empty when nothing is selected...or something like that. I'm wondering if things have gotten more simple or if I'm way off base with this one.
    Last edited by amidude; Oct 9, 2008 at 13:16.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...a lot of views but no answers. Okay, I have a map detailing the various counties we offer services in that when you mouseover them they "grow" and I'm adding a clickEvent that will display text over to the right of the map with the description associated with that county.

I'm stumped on how to tackle that without putting an individual mc in each frame and just pointing to the one hiding the content box that pertains to that area of the map. It just sounds like a lot of unnecessary work and I'm looking for a more simple solution...if there even is one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you make a dynamic text field on the right wherever you want and then you make use of onRollOver(AS2) or ROLL_OVER(AS3) events and change the content of the text field accordingly.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much. Would you recommend using XML to store the info or just add the display text to the actual flash file somewhere?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured it out...thanks. Going the XML route.