SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Can you reformat wife 1.0 an install a better version like wife 2.0?

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay...

This elderly couple was having dinner at another other couple's home.

After their meals, the wives walked off to the kitchen together to chat, and the gentlemen remained seated at the table playing cards and talking.

"Last night, me and the wife had dined at this really nice Chinese restaurant," the visiting man said.

"Really?" his friend asked.

"Yes, sir. The best peking duck I ever ate!"

"What was the name of the restaurant ?" his friend inquired. At which point, the elderly man stayed quiet. Stroking his chin. Thinking.

Minutes passed.

After a long time, he asked his friend, "What's the name of that flower... the one you give to your lover?... It's usually red, and has thorns."

"Do you mean a rose?"

"That's it!" then, turning to the kitchen he yelled, "Rose, what was the name of that restaurant !?!"

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hospital Patient

A sweet old lady telephoned St. Joseph's Hospital. She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?" The operator said, "I can, what's the name and room number?"

The old lady in her weak voice said, "Norma Findlay, Room 302."

The operator replied, "Let me place you on hold while I check with her nurse."

After a few minutes the operator returned to the phone and said, "Oh, I have good news, her nurse just told me that Norma is doing very well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back as normal and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged on Tuesday."

The old lady said, "Thank you. That's wonderful! I was so worried! God bless you!"

The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"

The grandmother said, "No, I'm Norma Findlay in 302. No one tells me sh*t."
    Super Cars - Ultimate blog for future cars

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Joke: Tech Support

how about installing Divorce 3.0? but I heard it's usually expensive so you might as well reformat..

o_0

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First joke is a cracker. Nice one

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh, C'mon. This is a very old joke... it is fun if you read it for the first time

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mychristina View Post
    ... ! Do not even try to install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3 ,that's stupid !

That's the best part of the joke!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by molona View Post
    Oh, C'mon. This is a very old joke... it is fun if you read it for the first time
    My first time, I laughed.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laugh togather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very funny, LoL...as they say can you upgrade it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mychristina View Post
    Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6! I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

Thanks,
    A Troubled User.

REPLY:
    Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed.

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2.

However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0. WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of luck,
    Tech Support

WEB-Innovators-Professional and Quality Web Services

MSN:webinnosales@web-innovators.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good jokes. i love the wife 1.0.lol cracks me up.