User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question CMS for well established site

Hi all,

I realise this question has been raised on this forum a few times but the responses I've found by searching have not been overly enlightening.

I am considering implementing a CMS for a large (10k+ files) well establsihed web site. The site is static HTML, layout and styles completely controlled by external style sheets.

Currently the site is maintained manually with DreamWeaver by a number of internal and external (non technical) publishers. As you can imagine, the problems arising from this are many. I really don't want to redesign the site if possible.

Requirements are:
    • ability to update text only, add images, links, tables, lists, etc
    • ability to create new pages
    • ability to update navigation menus would be a bonus but not critical
    • user levels
    • rollback or version control

I'd really appreciate any advice and comments you may have on which CMS has worked for you in similar situations (or links to relevant articles). I'm specifically interested to hear if anyone is using Adobe Contribut for a large site.

(Please let's not fill this thread with one line responses like "Try Drupal", "Have you looked at Joomla", "I hear FrogCMS is really good". )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but Drupal is probably the best for large scale (10k+ pages) as it scales well and was written for such sites. Modx is my preferred CMS and with the new revo addition it will be seeing huge growth in the CMS market... check it out
    UNLIMITED Domains - UNLIMITED Disk Space - UNLIMITED Bandwidth
    *Black Friday - Website Hosting Deal of The Year - 50% OFF!