SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which turn to take?

Hi,

Just a little direction if you please.

I am designing a flash front end that will call external applications throughout the movie. What I'd like to do is have flash pause whilst the application runs, and then when complete flash carries on playing.

It will be a utility to clean a machine of temp files, cookies etc. and then run rootkit scans.

I have created batch files and vbscript to run the applications....

...but, my reason for the war and peace literate is - who can recommend either a good book, site or at least some direction on where I should look to have this all automated within flash, have flash run the applications then pause until the application is complete and continue on.

Any tips are appreciated.
    computers are for life....not just gaming!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,

I see that this thread has been read but no responses, maybe I need to be clearer on my questioning (I tend to ramble every now and then!).

I want Flash to stop playing when an application runs, and then start flash playing again when the application stops. Can I do this with Actionscript?
    computers are for life....not just gaming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the easiest way to do it would be to just go to a new URL when the application closes (you have to do this from within the application though). if you don't have the source code for the application then I can't think of a solution.