SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

load page into a div

Hi, I am building a site for an artist and want to use a fixed height on each page. At the moment I am using jquery to load a php page into a div on each of the main pages and it works fine but I am wondering now whether that is the right choice. There are about 100 photos for each php page and after quite a bit of work it suddenly struck me that although only 6 thumbnails will be displayed at a time it might make the overall loading time excessive. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend you only load 6 image susing your PHP script then. Use a more effective way of paginating your results. Loading 6 images into a div would be fine, but loading excessive amounts of images into an area where only 6 thumbnails are shown at a time, why not just load 6 images at a time? The answer will be in the way you split your image results up in your PHP script.
    Luke Morton
    UK Web Explorer| lukemorton.co.uk

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, you're right. I gave it a bit of thought and now only load 6 images at a time. don't know why that didn't occur to me at the start